Automate your projects with actions
We are happy to announce a new automation feature in Breeze. Now you can automatically take actions when a task is moved to a list. It extends our previous automatic status marking functionality.
The new feature lets you reduce repetitive manual actions. Whether you need to assign tasks to users, assign tags or colors, or set due dates. Now it can be automatically done when you are moving tasks between lists or creating new tasks.
It's also a handy way to quickly create new tasks that need to have colors, tags, and users assigned. You can just create a new task and it's automatically updated with the correct information.
Adding automatic actions
You can find the actions menu under the list settings.
The actions sub menu shows you all the available actions.
- Assign status - assigns a new status to the task. If the task already had a status then it's overridden.
- Assign color - assigns a new color to the task. If the task already had a color then it's overridden.
- Add tags - add tags to the task. If you want to clear old tags from the task and assign new ones then check the option "Clear old tags from task" at the bottom
- Assign user - add users to the task. If you want to clear old users from the task and assign new ones then check the option "Clear old users from task" at the bottom
- Set due date - set a due date to the task. The options are to set the date from Monday to Sunday, and end of the month. This lets you set the date relative to the current week.
- Archive task - archives the task and moves it to the archive. It's immediately moved to the archive and you might not notice that in the new list.
Every action also the option to clear the value. Example, you can clear the due dates, colors, users etc.
The use cases for automation are endless. It'll reduce repetitive manual actions and make you more productive.
We also added the automatic actions to swimlanes https://www.breeze.pm/blog/237-more-colors-and-automation-for-swimlanes